Welcome to the Division of Anatomical Sciences
Department of Medical Education
Gross Anatomy Instruction
The University of Michigan Medical School's Division of Anatomical Sciences is responsible for gross anatomy instruction of undergraduate, graduate, and postgraduate students in several fields of study within the U-M. We also provide educational opportunities for students of anatomy from middle and high schools.
We conduct research in:
- General anatomy
- Medical education
- History and ethics of anatomy
- Development of new anatomical atlases
- Innovative techniques in plastination
Historical Highlights - From its very beginning, the teaching within the Division of Anatomical Sciences has followed the most innovative guidelines of the time.
- In 1889 the Anatomy Laboratory Building, the first of its kind in the US, was erected. Its sole purpose was for teaching anatomy.
- By 1910 the U-M Anatomical Department was considered to be among the leaders in the field in the US.
We are located in Medical Science Building II. Take a virtual tour.
For more information, please contact us at:Division of Anatomical Sciences
University of Michigan Medical School
3767 Medical Science Building II
1137 Catherine St., SPC 5608
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-5608