Since we began in 1927, we have grown from a primary focus on continuing medical education to an academic department with international recognition for medical education research and development.
We support the University of Michigan Health Systemís educational mission through the following.
- Medical Education Scholars Program
- Medical Education Day
- Division of Anatomical Sciences
- Continuing Medical Education
- Clinical Simulation Center
- Data Management and Analysis Group
Our faculty participate in a wide range of medical education projects throughout the U-M Health System and with external organizations. We offer many excellent courses and programs related to professional education and research.
The scope of our educational activities extends from the first day of medical school through continuing education for experienced health sciences professionals. We provide expertise in:Developing educational programs
- Curriculum development and reform
- Educational goals and outcomes
- Instructional methods
- Planning the sequence of instruction
- Outcomes assessment
- Evaluation and assessment
- Innovative educational technologies
- Simulation-based education
- Interprofessional education
- Chronic disease education and evaluation
- International health education