- Abella, I. B., I. Vladescu, et al. (2009). "Imagination, Art, and Learning:
A Web of Support." Academic Medicine 84(3): 353.
- Donaghy, A. C., S. N. Neil., et al. (2012). "Two worlds apart: artists'
statement." Academic Medicine in press.
- Kumagai, A. K. (2008). "A conceptual framework for use of illness
narratives in medical education." Academic Medicine 83(7): 653-658.
- Kumagai, A. K. (2012). "Acts of interpretation: a philosophical approach
to using creative arts in medical education." Academic Medicine in
- Kumagai, A. K. and M. L. Lypson (2009). "Beyond cultural competence: critical
consciousness, social justice, and multicultural education." Academic
Medicine 84: 82-87.
- Kumagai, A. K., E. A. Murphy, et al. (2009). "Diabetes stories: use of
patient narratives of diabetes to teach patient-centered care." Advances
in Health Sciences Education 14(3): 315-326.
- Kumagai, A. K., C. B. White, et al. (2008). "Impact of facilitation of
small group discussions of psychosocial topics in medicine on faculty growth
and development." Academic Medicine 88(10): 973-981.
- Kumagai, A. K., C. B. White, et al. (2007). "Use of interactive theater
for faculty development in multicultural education." Medical Teacher 29: 335-340.
- Kumagai, A. K., C. B. White, et al. (2005). "The Family Centered Experience:
Using patient narratives, student reflections, and discussions to teach about
illness and care." ABSAME Journal 11(2): 73-78.
- Ross, P. T., H. L. Davis, et al. (2010). "Medicine and the arts. Sickle
cell vision: A patient's photographic illustration of coping [excerpt] by Heather
L. Davis. Commentary." Academic Medicine 85(7): 1210-1211.
- White, C. B., A. K. Kumagai, et al. (2009). "A Qualitative Exploration
of How the Conflict Between the Formal and Informal Curriculum Influences Student
Values and Behaviors." Academic Medicine 84(5): 597-603.