Lecture Notes - Superficial Limbs
Superficial Structures of the Upper Limb
The streaming video of the 2004-5 lab overview is available on the web (password protected).
The computer presentation used by Dr. Gest in lecture is available on the web (password protected). You can also download the PowerPoint presentation to print or review.
- Scapula (see review items)
- Humerus (see review items)
- Ulna (see review items)
- Radius (see review items)
- Carpals - wrist bones
- Metacarpals - hand
- Investing Fascia
- Brachial fascia - forms arm compartments
- Antebrachial fascia - forms forearm compartments
- Cubital fascia/fossa - anterior elbow region
- Superficial Veins
- Cephalic - dorsal arch, lateral side, deltopectoral groove, into axillary vein
- Basilic - dorsal arch, medial side, pierces fascia in mid arm, joins brachial veins to form axillary vein
- Median cubital - cephalic to basilic in cubital fossa, 70%
- Cutaneous Nerves
- Lateral antebrachial cutaneous - w/ cephalic v.
- Medial antebrachial cutaneous - w/ basilic v.
- Posterior antebrachial cutaneous
- Dorsal cutaneous branch of ulnar - dorsal surface of medial 1.5 digits & hand
- Superficial branch of radial - dorsal surface of lateral 3.5 digits & hand
|Copyright© 2000 The University of Michigan. Unauthorized use prohibited.||