APPLICATION DEADLINE IS DECEMBER 1st.
- Medical Student Performance Evaluation (MSPE)
- Official transcript
- Letter of recommendation from the Chairman (or designee) of your Department of Medicine (plus Chairman of Pediatrics for Med/Peds applicants), and
- Letter from another member of your medical school Internal Medicine faculty.
- USMLE Step 1 Score
- You are welcome to transmit additional letters, published papers and supporting information at your discretion.
- For graduates of international medical schools, we require a recommendation letter from an Internal Medicine faculty physician attesting to your clinical performance in the United States.
- IMPORTANT - We do not offer preliminary positions through the match, only Medicine and Medicine-Pediatrics Categorical.
- We use a multi-criteria-based selection process; therefore, we do not provide minimum score requirements nor do we have a medical school graduation year requirement. We accept J-1 ECFMG certified visas only.
- For salary and benefit information, consult the University of Michigan House Officer Association Web site.
- International medical graduates can contact the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) for their application materials and eligibility requirements. Application materials will be sent only to those candidates who meet ECFMG requirements. Please write to: ECFMG-ERAS Program, P.O. Box 13467, Philadelphia, PA 19104-3467, U.S.A., or go to their Web site, www.ecfmg.org, to download their form.
- IMG application to our program must possess a letter from an Internal Medicine faculty member who served as supervisor/instructor to applicant, at a U.S. academic institution attesting to the applicant's clinical experience and competence at that institution.
Observerships/Externships are NOT provided in our Department.
Thank you for your inquiry about our House Staff Training Program in Internal Medicine at the University of Michigan.
If you have any questions, please contact:
University of Michigan
Department of Internal Medicine Residency Program
3116 Taubman Center, SPC 5368
Ann Arbor MI 48109-5368