The residency program generally hosts a few events a year and the residents also have quite a few events they throw outside work as well. We usually find fun local, seasonal activities in Ann Arbor and the surrounding area. Below is a list of recent and upcoming events, as an example of what we do throughout the year.
- Internal medicine graduation & Senior Skip day
- Intern welcome picnic: Annual event welcoming the interns held at Dr. Del Valle's house
- Switch party: Seniors impart their wisdom to the interns about the ‘other side’, right before their first switch
- Interview season begins: Time to socialize and meet the new applicants
- Thanksgiving: Detroit Turkey Trot (5K) on Thanksgiving Day for those of us who are in town
- Internal Medicine Holiday Parties: time to schmooze and socialize with all our colleagues
- Adopt A Family: another yearly tradition, where we support a local family with gifts during the holiday season
- Martin Luther King Day of Service: Those of us who are free participate in a community service activity together
- Detroit Institute of Arts: Day trip to Detroit to explore this fascinating museum with a world-class collection of art.
- Restaurant week: We all go out to dinner together during Ann Arbor’s biannual celebration of local restaurants
- Wine and cheese night: One of the residents will host a night of wine tasting and cheese.
- Bowling/Whirlyball: A fun get indoor together for those still-cold April days
- Hiking/outdoors activity: To enjoy the spring weather and stay active outside of the hospital.