There is year round teaching for the fellows in training. These include didactic as well as clinical conferences.
- Wednesday conference: This is typically a two hour meeting with research talks by faculty, visiting professors as well as clinical case presentation by the fellows. Morbidity and Mortality presentation, Quality Improvement topics, Medical Ethics, Renal Pathology as well as Journal Club topics are all represented in this meeting.
- Tuesday conferences: These are didactic in nature with topics covering the span of the nephrology curriculum by the faculty.
- Thursday conference: This takes place at the KECC and typically would focus on epidemiology, health care policy and biostatistics.
- Friday Grand Round: This is the department wide grand rounds and features a wide range of topics in medicine.
- Basic Science conference: This feature presentation by basic science researchers.
- Swartz Teaching Rounds: Alternate Thursdays with discussion by an experienced clinician of a case presented by the fellows.