how to apply
All applications must be submitted through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). Information on this service can be obtained through your Dean's Office or the ECFMG.
University of Michigan Medicine-Pediatrics Residency Program
3116 Taubman Center, SPC 5368
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-5368
Phone: (734) 936-4385
- All candidates must participate in the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP).
- All candidates must have taken and passed the United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE) Step I and USMLE Step II CS and CK. Scores must be submitted to the program when available.
- COMLEX scores may be submitted by candidates who completed their education at osteopathic medical schools; however, USMLE scores are preferred for all candidates.
- All applicants must have completed at least one year’s clinical training in a LCME- or ACGME-approved program. This year must include hands-on patient care, for which the student/resident has taken an active role demonstrating responsibility for patient care and outcome.
- To be considered for selection, candidates must be a citizen of the United States, carry a J-1 visa, or have permanent resident status (Green Card).
- Applications must include a Dean's letter and no more than 3-4 letters of recommendation. At least one letter must be from the Chair in the Department of Internal Medicine or the Chair in the Department of Pediatrics.