For diagnosis and treatment of serious infections, the University of Michigan Infectious Diseases Division provides complete outpatient consultation and continuing care for patients with a variety of conditions.
We offer our patients treatment for infectious conditions including:
- C. diff colitis
- CMV disease
- Fever of Unknown Origin
- Soft tissue infections
- Parasitic infestations and travel related infections
- Bone and Joint infections
- Post-operative infections
- Infections in immune compromised patients, including organ and bone marrow transplant patients
- Positive PPD skin test
- Infection with Tuberculosis
- Infected pressure ulcers/osteomyelitis
- Infection with endemic fungi such as Histoplasmosis
We also offer an Overseas Travel Consultation Service, which provides general health advice and immunizations for both local and international travel. Our travel nurses have access to the latest information concerning health risks and vaccine requirements for specific destinations worldwide. Based on where you’re traveling, the travel nurse can provide preventive advice, required and/or recommended immunizations, and prescriptions for the prevention and treatment of health problems that are common of that location.
Complete Care for HIV-Positive Patients:
More than 33 million people worldwide are infected with HIV, which causes AIDS. The University of Michigan offers comprehensive medical care to HIV-positive individuals. Investigational treatments are also available for interested and qualifying patients.
We provide complete care for the whole person through a multi-focused team approach for your health care needs. Our team is made up of specialists who are solely dedicated to providing care for people living with HIV and AIDS.
We offer our patients the following services:
- Expert management of HIV infection
- Expert management of complications related to AIDS
- Primary medical care
- Coordination with your physician
- Consumer involvement
- Free anonymous HIV testing and consulting
- Substance abuse counseling
Our Consumer Advisory Council is a group of HIV-positive individuals who want to use their experience to help others, insure that we provide the best care possible, and talk about how their experience as a patient could be improved.
General Infectious Diseases: 734/647-5899 or toll free 888/229-7409
HIV/AIDS Treatment Program: 734/936-8186 or toll free 888/229-7409
Infectious Diseases Nurse: 734/647-5899
University of Michigan Hospital
Reception Area D
Hours: Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.