Non-Nucleoside Reverse Transcriptase Inhibitors (NNRTIs) work by binding tightly to the enzyme reverse transcriptase. This in turn, prevents viral RNA from being converted to viral DNA which infects healthy cells.
3 x 200mg capsule or 1 X 600mg tablet at bedtime.
Take on empty stomach
Side Effects to report to your doctor immediately
- Very vivid, life-like dreams
- Difficulty concentrated
- Mood changes
- Headache / lightheaded
- Rash (usually go away without stopping Sustiva)
Drug Interactions and Incompatibility
- Should never be used as sole agent
- May decrease concentration of Indinavir so your doctor may have to increase indinavir dosage
- Other drugs may interact with Sustiva. Inform your doctor or all over the counter and prescription drugs you are taking before starting Sustiva
All of your Antiviral Medications must be taken exactly as prescribed, without skipping or altering doses. Please notify you doctor if you have any problems with these or any of your medicines.
For more information on Sustiva click here