Non-Nucleoside Reverse Transcriptase Inhibitors (NNRTIs) work by binding tightly to the enzyme reverse transcriptase. This in turn, prevents viral RNA from being converted to viral DNA which infects healthy cells.
4 X 100mg tablets three times per day or 3 X 200mg tablets twice per day
Should take 1 hour apart from antacids or Videx
Side Effects to report to your doctor immediately
- Abdominal pain, nausea, or vomiting
- Keep all appointments for blood work. Delavirdine can elevate liver enzyme levels in your blood
Drug Interactions and Incompatibility
- Take one hour apart from antacids and ddI
- Dose adjustments are needed if prescribed with Protease Inhibitors
- Other medications may interact with Delavirdine, therefore notify your doctor of all medications you are currently taking before starting Delavirdine.
All of your Antiviral Medications must be taken exactly as prescribed, without skipping or altering doses. Please notify you doctor if you have any problems with these or any of your medicines.