Nucleoside Reverse Transcriptase Inhibitors (NRTIs) work by being incorporated into the viral DNA, making it ineffective.
Hivid (ddC, Zalcitabine)
1 X 0.75mg tablet three times per day
Side Effects to report to your doctor immediately
- Numbness, tingling, or burning in the soles of your feet or in your fingers and hands
- Abdominal pain, nausea or vomiting
- Ulcers in mouth
Drug Interactions and Incompatibility
- Do not use with Videx (ddi)
- Do not take at the same time as magnesium or aluminum containing antacids
- Other medications may interact with ddC, therefore notify your doctor of all medicines you are currently taking before starting ddC.
All of your Antiviral Medications must be taken exactly as prescribed, without skipping or altering doses. Please notify you doctor if you have any problems with these or any of your medicines.