Endocrinology & Diabetes Update Course 2011
Objectives & Accreditation
Upon completion of this program, participants will be able to:
- Describe available clinical evidence and the new guidelines for the management of hyperglycemia in the hospital setting
- Perform an initial workup and utilize new diagnostic tools for diabetes and prediabetes that is consistent with major international and national guidelines
- Evaluate and manage secondary hypertension
- Recognize and evaluate thyroid nodules
- Analyze various endocrine case scenarios and identify best management strategies
- Understand the consequences of male hypogonadism
- Initiate diagnosis and management of patients with an incidentally found pituitary mass
The University of Michigan Medical School is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. The University of Michigan Medical School designates this live activity for a maximum of 6.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™.
Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
An application has been submitted to the American Osteopathic Association for credits. An application for CME credit has been filed with the American Academy of Family Physicians. Determination of credit is pending. Other credits by specialty may apply.