Interpreter Services can help connect patients and their families to programs that help improve their experience at UMHS.
- Hotels and Accommodations
- Deaf Access Program
- Telecommunication Devices for the Deaf
- Closed Captioning
With the removal of payphones, all Telecommunication Devices for the Deaf (TDDs) have also been removed. In three public places they have been replaced with Sorenson Video Phones. The following locations have Sorenson VPs:
- 1 - UH - main lobby
- 2 - UH ED - consultation room 1
- 3 - Mott ED - lobby
We also have 2 mobile video phones that can go into patient rooms UMHS interpreter services office - Entouch Video Phones on the computer.
- Amplified Telephones may be obtained for hard-of-hearing patients
- Closed Captioning is available on all televisions
- Personal Assisted listening Devices are available for patients upon request