Get Committed to Quality
Top 10 Things to Remember for Joint Commission & CMS Surveys
- Exercise proper hand hygiene.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Keep medications secure.
- Label all medications/solutions used on a sterile field.
- Use two patient identifiers prior to medication administration and procedures.
- Become familiar with the location of documents in the medical record, whether it is electronic (CareWeb, UM-CareLink, Centricity, etc.) or hard copy.
- Be sure that each patient’s plan of care includes measurable goals and use these goals to determine patient progress.
- Document patient assessment and re-assessment, paying particular attention to patients who are in restraints, receiving pain medications and pre- and post-procedure.
- Write down and read back critical test results/verbal orders.
- Know proper hand-off communication procedure for break time, end of shift, etc.
Learn more at the Joint Commission and Beyond Web site.