2013 Summer Internships
The University of Michigan Injury Center is pleased to announce four paid internship positions for graduate/medical students for the summer of 2013.
The internships are designed for graduate or medical school students interested in injury research or practice experiences in unintentional injury or violence. They offer important opportunities to gain mentored research and practice-based experience in a CDC-funded multidisciplinary injury center. Interns could work with a mentor from the University of Michigan, Michigan State University, Wayne State University or the Michigan Department of Community Health on ongoing injury research or practice projects. Successful applicants will be provided a stipend of $1,500 per month for 3 months.
Responsibilities may include
- Assisting in planning, developing, implementing, and evaluating injury projects
- Assisting in implementing research methodologies appropriate to the study of injury
- Conducting literature searches and synthesizing findings in written summaries as required
- Attending injury-related workshops, seminars, and meetings
- Assisting in researching legislative policies and initiatives related to injury
- Developing educational materials and tool kits based on identified needs
- Assisting in developing educational material for websites
- Assisting in communicating and presenting research or policy findings
- Assisting with grant preparation
- Currently enrolled in a graduate program or medical school
- Interest in and commitment to injury practice, policy or research
- Ability to work independently in a collegial environment
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency with computer software applications such as Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint
Application Process and Contact Information
Applicants must complete and submit the application and supporting documents by email firstname.lastname@example.org by March 15, 2013. Decisions will be made by April 15, 2013.
For more information, please contact Lynda Fuerstnau at email@example.com.