Frequently Asked Questions
- How long has Michigan Visiting Nurses (MVN) been in business?
- What is MVN's service area?
- Is MVN accredited?
- What type of services are available?
- What is the cost?
- How will I know if charges are a covered benefit?
- What is the billing procedure?
- What are MVN's service hours?
- How do you select employees?
- Are your employees bonded?
- Is the patient and their family involved in the development of the Plan of Care?
- How quickly can services be provided?
- Can I change the schedule?
- How much advance notice is needed if I want to cancel service?
MVN has more than 90 years experience in helping patients of all ages and their families remain independent in their home and community.
Michigan Visiting Nurses is accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO).
MVN provides a broad range of services, for patients of all ages, that include:
- Nursing services, before, during and after a hospital stay
- Intravenous therapy
- Home ventilator support
- Respite care for families who are caring for an ill person
- Personal care and assistance with activities of daily living
- Light housekeeping
Please call MVN for current rates. Our phone number is 734.677.0020 or 800.880.0020
MVN will review the payor information you provide and inform you verbally and in writing, at the time of admission, the approximate maximum dollar amount for care, if any, that will be borne by the patient.
MVN generates bills on a monthly basis and at the time of your discharge.
MVN's office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. , Monday through Friday. MVN professionals are available by phone 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
MVN selects employees based upon appropriate screening/testing, application review, interview and verification of references, licensure and/or certification, and other credentials as appropriate to ensure that suitable hiring decisions are made.
Yes, all MVN employees are bonded.
You, your physician, and our experts develop a personalized Plan of Care based on your specific needs. We tailor the plan to fit you.
It is possible for MVN to provide care within 24 hours of the initial request. However, dependent upon employee availability and geographic location, MVN may require additional time to fulfill your request.
Yes, the schedule may be changed. Please contact MVN as soon as possible when making a schedule change.
If you wish to cancel MVN services, MVN requests that you give a 24 hour advance notice to the office. A 4 hour minimum service (show up) fee will be charged if you do not give sufficient advance notice to MVN so that MVN can cancel or reschedule staff.