- Understanding the differences between: adult stem cells, embryonic stem cells, IPS cells
- Where are they found and/or how are they derived?
- What is the difference between stem cell self renewal and differentiation?
- How are "totipotent", "multipotent" and "pluripotent" defined and how do these terms relate to stem cells?
- What is the difference between stem cells in the body and stem cells in a culture dish?
- How do symmetric and asymmetric divisions affect Stem Cells? Cancer? Ageing?
- What constitutes the "stem cell niche" and how does it regulate self-renewal or differentiation
- What are the molecular, metabolic and structural characteristics of a stem cell "niche"?
- What obstacles need to be addressed before the "therapeutic promise" of stem cells can be realized?