Thank you for your interest in the Fellowship Training Programs in Gastroenterology at the University of Michigan.
GI Fellowship Application (three year)
We will begin accepting applications for our 2013 Gastroenterology Fellowship positions through the ERAS Universal Application process beginning July 15, 2012. Applications are processed through ERAS ONLY. Paper applications will not be accepted. The ERAS Application Deadline for the 2013 GI Fellowship is August 31, 2012.
For the GI Fellowship Application the following documents must be submitted through ERAS.
- One letter of recommendation from the Director or Chairman of your Internal Medicine Department.
- Two additional letters of recommendation from other members of your medical school Internal Medicine faculty.
- For graduates of International Medical Schools, we require an additional recommendation letter from an Internal Medicine faculty physician attesting to your clinical performance in the United States.
- Step 1 and Step 2 USMLE scores (optional).
- You are welcome to transmit additional letters, published papers, and supporting information at your discretion. Please note that these must also be sumitted through ERAS.
- IMPORTANT – We do not offer preliminary positions through the match.
- We use a multi-criteria-based selection process; therefore, we do not provide minimum score requirements nor do we have a medical school graduation year requirement. We accept J-1 ECFMG certified visas only.
- For salary and benefit information consult the University of Michigan House Officer Association Web site.
- International medical graduates (IMG) can contact the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) for their application materials and eligibility requirements. Application materials will be sent only to those candidates who meet ECFMG requirements. Please write to: ECFMG-ERAS Program, P.O. Box 13467, Philadelphia, PA 19104-3467, U.S.A., or go to www.ecfmg.org to download their form.
- IMG applications to our program must possess a letter from an Internal Medicine faculty member who served as a supervisor/instructor to the applicant at a U.S. academic institution, attesting to the applicant’s clinical experience and competence at that institution.
Important information regarding your application status: Invitations to interview should be extended in August. While we truly appreciate the interest in our program, we receive many applications and simply cannot reply to individuals who e-mail extra information or expressions of interest prior to the interview. The ERAS application, which must be completed by August 31, 2012, provides the documentation required for the evaluation process. Thank you for your interest in our program.
If you have any questions about the fellowship application process, please contact
Gastroenterology Fellowship Coordinator
University of Michigan
Division of Gastroenterology
Department of Internal Medicine
3912 Taubman Center, SPC 5362
1500 East Medical Center Drive
Ann Arbor, MI 48109