Provides quality information, training and guidance to the Hospitals and Health Centers.
Key Functions / Oversight Areas:
- Accounting for third party revenue (monthly contractual analysis, payer-specific budget assumptions, annual prior years settlement analysis).
- Reimbursement modeling
- Medicare/Medicaid/Blue Cross Cost Reports (preparation and audit support, appeals and re-openings)
- Regulatory analysis and implementation including UMHHC enrollment in the Medicare & Medicaid Meaningful Use incentive programs.
- Managing and updating the reimbursement model in the decision support/cost accounting system
- Comparison of expected vs. actual payments for various payers
- Maintain database logging payments for various payers
- Medical Education FTE reporting to Medicare