Hospitals and Health Centers Executive Board
The University of Michigan Hospitals and Health Centers Executive Board functions under powers delegated to it by the Board of Regents of the University of Michigan. The Regents are ultimately responsible for establishing the mission, goals and objectives of the Hospitals and Health Centers, and for the quality of medical services provided at UMHHC. The Board meets monthly. A copy of the Governance Schedule is available at the link provided below.
There are 13 members of the HHCEB:
- President of the University of Michigan
- Executive Vice President for Medical Affairs
- Director and Chief Exective Officer of HHC
- Dean of Medical School
- Dean of School of Nursing
- Provost and Executive Vice President for Academic Affairs
- Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer
- Vice President for Government Relations
- Chief Medical Officer, UMHS
- Chief of Staff for Clinical Affairs
- Chief of Nursing Affairs of the HHC
- Two members of the UMHHC medical staff (These individuals are appointed by the Regents following: an election in which any active member of the medical Staff may run for office; recommendation of the UMHHC's Executive Committee for Clinical Affairs; and approval by the Board. Medical Staff members serve a four-year staggered terms which provides for one replacement every two years.)
The HHCEB meets once a month.