THANK YOU TO OUR
the public's U-M source for
CALL 800-530-0714 to order from:
9:00 am–1:00 p.m.: Michigan Room
NEW: Crafts Corner for Kids!
EXHIBITS OPEN (click for details)
FREE HEALTH SCREENINGS AVAILABLE (see below)
WDIV-TV Channel 4 weatherman and
type 1 diabetes patient
PRESENTATIONS - FREE!
9:30–10:15 am: Petit Ballroom
"Diabetes Updates from the Pediatric Clinic and Research Lab"
Brigid Gregg, MD
Pediatric Endocrinology Division
U-M Mott Children's Hospital
10:30–11:15 am: Petit Ballroom
“Popular Diets: Finding the Right Balance for Diabetes and Heart Health"
Joyce Patterson, MPH, RD
Clinical Dietitian, UMH Cardiovascular Medicine
12:00–1:00 pm: Petit Ballroom
"Cooking Demo: Novo Nordisk Diabetes Academy
with Food Network Chef Curtis Aikens"
Food Network Chef Curtis Aikens will prepare several dishes for
the audience to sample, plus receive recipe cards.
9:00 am–1:00 pm
First come, first served ~ as time and supplies permit
- Blood sugar and A1c (by the U-M Department of Pathology)
- Blood pressure (by the U-M School of Nursing and the U-M Division of Metabolism, Endocrinology & Diabetes)
- Cholesterol, non-fasting (HDL, triglycerides, and total) (by U-M Community Programs and Services and the U-M School of Nursing)
- Foot exams for people with diabetes (by the U-M Podiatry Service)
- Assessments of obesity risk and BMI calculation (by the U-M Division of Metabolism, Endocrinology & Diabetes)
- Vision checks (by the U-M Kellogg Eye Center)
- MEDICATION REVIEW (by the U-M College of Pharmacy): Bring in your medication bottles and/or a list and let the Pharmacy students review for complications and interactions.
- Counseling on screening results by U-M Division of Metabolism, Endocrinology & Diabetes endocrinologists
Marketing & Communications
U-M Comprehensive Diabetes Center