Adult Diabetes Care and Education
The Michigan Comprehensive Diabetes Center is made up of patient care providers who seek better understanding and treatment of all forms of diabetes.
Our new, cutting-edge clinic in the Domino’s Farms complex allows us to offer better, more comprehensive, and coordinated care for our patients. The clinic serves adults with diabetes, obesity, osteoporosis; abnormalities of the thyroid, adrenal, or pituitary gland; or other hormone-related issues, as well as adult podiatry patients. Putting these services in one location makes it convenient for our patients to receive all of their necessary diagnostic tests, treatments, and preventive care. It also makes it easier for patients to take part in clinical trials of new treatments, or to volunteer for studies that seek to better understand their disease.
Clinic services offered:
- Diabetes and diabetes complications
- Diabetes self-management educational program certified by both the State of Michigan and the American Diabetes Association
- Insulin pump and basal/bolus evaluation and treatment
- Nephrology (consulting)
- Neurology (consulting)
- Ophthalmology (consulting)
- Social Work
In addition, we have several multidisciplinary clinics that offer specialized diabetes-related services, such as:
- Intensive insulin treatment of diabetes
- Management of diabetes during pregnancy
- Weight Management Clinic