Adult Diabetes Education Classes
(for those 18 yrs. of age and older)
Our diabetes education program is recognized by the American Diabetes Association and certified by the Michigan Department of Community Health from June 2001. The recognition and certification process is based on National Standards for Diabetes Self-Management Education, Amercian Diabetes Association and MDCH requirements.
(734) 998-2475 or MEND-Diabetes@med.umich.edu
- meal planning
- carbohydrate counting
- monitoring blood sugar
- stress management
- how to manage sick days
- and much more!
Our program is:
- Open to adult patients from inside or outside of the U-M Health System
- Certified by the American Diabetes Association and the Michigan Department of Community Health
- Taught by certified diabetes educators and registered dietitians
- Available as individual counseling sessions and/or group classes
- Covered by Medicare, most Medicaid programs, and private insurances (call your insurance provider to ask if diabetes education is a covered benefit)