The Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation 2008 Walk to Cure Diabetes
Join the University of Michigan Hospitals and Health Centers Team and help us raise funds for vital and life-saving diabetes research! Dr. Robert Kelch, U-M Executive Vice President for Medical Affairs, is the Corporate Chairman for the walk.
|Date:||Sunday, September 14, 2008 - Rain or Shine!|
|Location:||Hudon Mills Metropark, Dexter, MI|
|Time:||Registration begins at 8:30 a.m.
Walk begins at 9:30 a.m.
Closing Ceremony at 11:30 a.m.
|To Register:||Follow the Steps below under "How to Register to Walk" or contact Michelle Eleby at firstname.lastname@example.org or (734) 647-5075 for more information.|
|Tools:||Frequently Asked Questions pdf
Metro Detroit Walk Flyer pdf
|Other great ways we are raising money for the JDRF|
Cause for Celebration - hottest tickets in town
Come eat lunch, dinner, order take-out or all the above at Max & Erma's in Ann Arbor on Wednesday, August 27th, 2008!
If you are one of the first 200 people to raise $25 as a U-M JRDF Walker - you will receive a FREE U-M Team T-shirt!
Registering to Walk:
1. Go to the Walk homepage at www.walk.jdrf.org
2. Find the Register For a Walk Now section. Use the Select a State drop down box to choose "Michigan". You will be taken to a list of walks in that state. Click the Ann Arbor/Dexter walk that will occur on September 14, 2008.
3. You will see the details of the Ann Arbor walk. Click the "Register for This Walk" button.
4. On the first page of the Registration Form, fill in your contact information and other preferences. A red line beside the field indicates required fields. Please note that an email address is required to register online. If you do not have an email address please contact the University of Michigan liaison - Michelle Eleby (information listed at the bottom). Under participation, indicate that you are a Team Walker. Use the "Choose a Team" pull down menu to select "University of Michigan". Next select the name of your team captain in the pull down menu "Choose a Captain". be sure to check the Walk Waiver box and fill out any other information that you would like below. When you are done, click "Continue".
*If you do not have an email address please contact University of Michigan liaison - Michelle Eleby at 734-647-5075 or email@example.com to register.
5. On the second page of the Registration Form, you will see a preview of our online walk tools, called Walk Central. If you would like to use these tools, please indicate your preference by choosing “yes” for the first question, and fill in all remaining fields. If you have used Walk Central in the past, you may use the same username and password as in previous years. Please read the Search Consent and leave the box checked if you consent to be searched on Walk Central. If you do not have this box checked, your name will not come up in search results when your friends and family come to www.walk.jdrf.org to donate to you. When you are done, click “Continue”.
6. On the third page of the Registration Form, please check over the information that you have entered. If it is correct, click “Confirm Registration”.
7. On the fourth page of the Registration Form, you are given three options:
• If you would like to go to your Walk Central Homepage, choose “Log In to Your Account”
• If you would like to register others for the same team from the same address, choose “Register Another Walker from the Same Address”
• If you would like to register others from a different address, choose “Register Another Walker for this Walk”
To log in to your account, go to http://walk.jdrf.org and enter your username and password in the section called “Log in to Your Account”.