Heart Failure and Transplant Management Program
The CVC Heart Failure program serves patients with mild to severe forms of chronic heart failure (also known as congestive heart failure or CHF), those whose lives are threatened by acute heart failure, and those who are candidates for/recipients of a heart transplant as the result of any form of heart failure. Our physicians also have extensive expertise in the evaluation and management of patients with many varieties of cardiomyopathy.
All of our patients benefit from the assistance of Michigan’s only accredited heart failure disease management program, and from our national leadership in circulatory support and heart transplantation. We offer:
- Expert medical management for the treatment of heart failure
- Access to advanced surgical care where indicated
- A range of heart-assisting technology
- Comprehensive, patient-centric rehabilitation programs
- A post-transplant tele-management team of nurses, and an Inpatient team of nurse practitioners and physician assistants to assure safe, collaborative, team-based care
Our team is focused on quality patient care, which has earned us several national recognitions. As a result, U-M heart failure and heart transplant patients can be confident that they are receiving the best possible care when they need it most.