Our Vision, Values and Mission
The University of Michigan Cardiovascular Center will be the best academic heart and vascular center in the world.
The U-M Cardiovascular Center is dedicated to improving patients' chances of healthy survival, bettering the quality of their care, and giving more people the tools and education they need to prevent cardiovascular disease in themselves and their loved ones. Our research, and our innovative care, are making a difference.
Our Core Values
The staff and faculty of the U-M Cardiovascular Center are committed to advancing medicine and serving humanity through living and teaching our core values of:
- Respect and Compassion - We honor and care for one another as individuals.
- Collaboration - We honor the synergy of a team built on trust.
- Innovation - We honor individual and collective creativity.
- Commitment to Excellence - We honor the intrinsic desire to be "Leaders and Best".
The U-M Cardiovascular Center will create an understanding of cardiovascular disease across the life span, through multi-disciplinary collaboration among clinicians and scientists, to achieve:
- Superior, compassionate patient care
- Innovative science and discovery
- Excellence in education