Alfreda Rooks, MPA, Director of Community Health Services - Alfreda Rooks works to advance the important mission to identify creative solutions to address the various health and social needs of the community. In this role, she leads efforts to improve health outcomes and equity of care through a range of programs and services that address the social determinants of health. These factors include access to: safe housing, transportation, income, education and healthy foods which provide a profound impact on the health-related inequities of various populations.
“To lead Michigan Medicine in improving access, equity and health outcomes in the Community and for those we serve.”
- Integrate community health with Michigan Medicine clinical delivery system
- Address the Community Health Assessment priorities
- Build statewide partnerships to lessen the impact of social determinants of health in communities where our patients reside
Since 1997, Community Health Services aligns community-based programs and services with Michigan Medicine and our community partners. Our programs and services span the spectrum of health education, promotion and clinical care and support efforts to improve quality of life and provide opportunities for residents to stay active, healthy and connected to our community.
Upcoming Community Health Services Events:
- 6th Annual Conference on Adolescent Health, Translating Research into Practice - Thursday, April 11 - Friday, April 12
- Senior Living Week Expo - Saturday, September 14
- Senior Living Week - Sunday, September 15 - Saturday, September 28
- 2019 Community Flu & Health Screenings Clinics
- Dates, Times and Locations TBD