- PIBS 503, Research Responsibility and Ethics (1 credit)
- Biological Chemistry 550, Macromolecular Structure and Function (3 credits)
- Human Genetics 541, Molecular Genetics (3 credits)
- CanBio 553, Molecular Biology of Cancer (3 credits)
- Bioinformatics 525, Foundations in Bioinformatics and Systems Biology (3 credits)
Research rotations will also be completed during year 1. All Program in Biomedical Science students complete at least two research rotations with most completing three.
- CanBio 554, Cancer Pathogenesis and Treatment (3 credits)
- CanBio 800, Journal Club/Research in Progress