Colon Cancer Awareness
SymptomsPossible signs of colon cancer include a change in bowel habits or blood in the stool.
These and other symptoms are caused by colon cancer. Other conditions may cause the same symptoms. A doctor should be consulted if any of the following problems occur:
- A change in bowel habits.
- Blood (either bright red or very dark) in the stool.
- Diarrhea, constipation, or feeling that the bowel does not empty completely.
- Stools that are narrower than usual.
- Frequent gas pains, bloating, fullness, or cramps.
- Weight loss for no known reason.
- Feeling very tired.
Source: NCI - General Information About Colon Cancer