The Brehm Center for Diabetes Research is located in the Brehm Tower, a clinical and research facility on the site of the old Kellogg Eye Center building. With eight floors, the Tower provides 230,000 gross square feet — space for the Brehm Center for Diabetes Research and expansion space for the Kellogg Eye Center.
- The Brehm Center for Diabetes Research is on the
fifth and sixth floors of the Brehm Tower
- 33,000 net square feet houses Brehm Center activities including research labs, systems analysis and bioinformatics offices, a "Cure Room" convening space, and related support.
- 72,000 net square feet supports Ophthalmology and
Visual Sciences programs, including clinics,
surgery suites, research space, faculty offices
and support spaces.
- A common lobby, atrium and general building services
supports the three functional occupants of the building.
Fifth Floor — Brehm Center for Diabetes Research
- Peter Arvan, MD, PhD
- Corentin Cras-Meneur, PhD
- Israel Hodish, MD, PhD
- Ming Liu, PhD
- Elif Oral, MD
- Rodica Pop-Busui, MD, PhD
- Les Satin, PhD.
- Santiago Schnell, PhD
- Scott Soleimanpour, MD
Sixth Floor — Brehm Center for Diabetes Research
- Charles Burant, MD, PhD
- William H. Herman, MD, MPH
- Stephen Lentz, PhD
- Malcolm Low, MD, PhD
- Ormond MacDougald, PhD
- Martin Myers, Jr., MD, PhD
- Subramaniam Pennathur, MD