- Alzheimer’s Association, Michigan Great Lakes Chapter, Ann Arbor, MI – Serves 23 counties with offices in Ann Arbor, Kalamazoo, Lansing and Muskegon.
- Alzheimer’s Association, Greater Michigan Chapter, Southfield, MI – Serves 60 counties with offices in Southfield, Alpena, Flint, Grand Rapids, Marquette, Midland and Traverse City.
- Michigan Agencies on Aging – Provides information on services for the aging, guides to access services in Michigan and helpful resources to keep the community informed of issues confronting older adults and their caregivers.
- Caregiver Resource Network – A collaboration of West Michigan organizations dedicated to helping both family and professional caregivers.
- Michigan Dementia Coalition – Provides excellent resources for Michigan caregivers of people with dementia. Resources include a list of adult day programs, support groups and education and training services available in Michigan. Resources are also available through WorriedAboutMemoryloss.com. This Web site was created by the Michigan Dementia Coalition and is a part of a statewide public awareness campaign on memory loss issues.
- Michigan Medicare/Medicaid Assistance Program (MMAP) - provides free education and personalized assistance to people with Medicare and Medicaid, their families and caregivers.
Resources for Person with Memory Loss
- National Alzheimer’s Association – Provides tips and resources to help people with memory loss cope.
- Perspectives - A quarterly newsletter written for people with dementia that addresses the concerns, reflections and coping skills of individuals with Alzheimer's or a related memory disorder.
Resources for Family Caregivers
- Alzheimer’s Foundation of America (AFA) – A consortium of organizations who provide helpful caregiving tips and information on behavioral challenges that families face.
- ElderCare Online – Provides support and information for people caring for aging loved ones.
- Family Caregiver Alliance – National organization dedicated to working with caregivers. Contains fact sheets, research updates and an e-mail based support group.
- The Alzheimer’s Store - Provides unique products and information for those caring for someone with Alzheimer's disease.
Medical and Research Information
*This list does not constitute an endorsement for specific products or services promoted on the Websites included on this list.