Letters of Support Instructions
Purpose: To provide evidence of the applicant’s highest level of professional practice within the Role Specific advancement Model, as observed and experienced by colleagues in Nursing and other disciplines. To give voice to peers.
Required: 2 Letters of Support from professional colleagues
- the applicant requests that each colleague write his/her Letter of Support based on TWO specified Domains
- each letter of support should address at least two Domains that are not being addressed by others – the result being that at least 4 domains are addressed by peers
- at least one letter of support must be written by an RN
- NOTE: It is a requirement of the contract that any RN who gives feedback or writes a letter of support must have first taken the Peer Feedback Class
Please be sure to provide your colleague with:
- a copy of the provided Request for Letter of Support, written or electronic, making sure to include the date needed and Domains selected.
- a copy of the behaviors in the Domains you have asked him/her to address – click on the appropriate link for copies of Domains and Associated Behaviors for:
- see: sample letter #1, sample letter #2