Professional Development Framework:
Submitting Your Application Portfolio
All applicants to all levels: Please follow these directions to ensure that your application addresses all requirements.
- Time: Be sure to allow yourself enough time to complete the process. Several steps in the process rely on other people completing work such as the Manager Voice, letters of support and proofreading. Be sure to allow them enough time as well. Clearly communicate your deadline to them.
- Application submission deadlines: All deadlines are based on the date the documents are received, not the date they are sent.
- Submission of your Application Portfolio: Application Checklist must be the cover page for your submitted materials. Portfolio documents should be assembled in the order of the Checklist.
- Must be “copier ready” - single-sided pages only (8½ x 11) and printed on plain white paper.
- No binders, notebooks, plastic sleeves or section dividers.
- No paperclips or staples on individual sections of the Portfolio.
- Use a binder clip to hold your portfolio together. DO NOT STAPLE THE PORTFOLIO.
- Your name, current level within the Framework and the level to which you are applying need to be completed on the Application Checklist page.
- No “highlighter,” shading or colored font can be used on the “Self-Assessment Tool” or “Manager Voice Tool” as these documents are printed in black and white. (Please check the Manager Voice before submitting your Portfolio.)
- Check to make sure that you have signed and dated the last page of your "Self Assessment" and that your manager has signed and dated the last page of the "Manager Voice Tool". You need not sign each other's documents.
- Any “Miscellaneous” attachments should be 8½ x 11, copier ready (no originals).
- Make sure your Manager’s name is listed with your Unit on the “Identifying Information” page (or printed legibly on the “Manager’s Voice Tool”).
- Check your resume to make sure your entire home address is listed (all correspondence from the Central Committee will go to your home).
- Make sure you have a duplicate copy of your entire Portfolio (submit the original and keep the copy).
Where to Submit Your Application Portfolio
Portfolios should be dropped off at the Framework/RSAM office (300 North Ingalls Building, 6th floor, room 6B04) of the Professional Development & Education department (PD&E), Monday through Friday (except holidays) from 8:00am to 3:00pm. Mailing portfolios is discouraged, but if it is necessary to do so, the correct address is:
University of Michigan Health System
Professional Development and Education
Attention: Judy Bliss
300 N. Ingalls St, Rm. 6B04
Ann Arbor, MI, 48109-5436
- You will receive an e-mail confirming receipt of your Portfolio and providing information on the next interview date/times.
- Refer to the Framework Calendar for Central Committee meetings and cycles of application.
Last reviewed: 11/2013