UMHS Nursing Clinical Placement
Welcome to the Clinical Placement Website! We are certain that students and faculty will find their experience at the University of Michigan Health System both enriching and rewarding as they progress in their career as a RN. This site is intended to provide information and streamline the clinical placement process for you.
The Clinical Placement Office at UMHS coordinates all undergraduate student placements within the health system - determining the student placement location and making certain that all compliance requirements are met. Graduate student placements are determined by the individual UMHS practitioners and not by the Clinical Placement Office.
For more information regarding placements and compliance requirements, please click on the tabs above or the buttons at left.
The University of Michigan Health System:
- Was ranked 17th among "America's Best Hospitals" for the 18th year in a row in the 2012-2013 U.S. News and World Report. UM also topped the newly listed state and metro rankings as 1st in Michigan and 1st in Detroit-metro, respectively. UM is one of only eight hospitals in the country to be included in the honor roll every year since 1995.
- Ranked in the top 20 in seven areas of specialty and in the top 40 in seven other specialties.
- Is located within the heart of Ann Arbor ranked 7th among the Best Cities to Find a Job by the 2012 U.S. News and World Report.
- Three hospitals with approximately 5 specialty centers, 40 health centers and 120 outpatient clinics
- 990 licensed hospital beds
- 1,392 Survival Flight missions
- 3,787 deliveries per year
- 45,000 inpatient hospital stays
- 1.9 million outpatient visits
- 48,475 surgical cases
Over 4,000 RNs throughout the health system are committed to fulfilling our mission of excellence in both education and patient care and service. We host several thousand nursing students each year as part of the learning process. We hope your experience here will help broaden your horizons to the many varied and challenging areas of nursing!
Clinical Placement Staff and Location
Mary Anne V. Brancheau, BSN, RN
April Stingo, BS
|Professional Development and Education
University of Michigan Health System
300 N. Ingalls Suite NI6B12
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-5436
Target Audience: Students & Faculty Involved in Clinical Placement | Author: Mary Anne Brancheau firstname.lastname@example.org | Last reviewed: 1/29/2014
Clinical Placement Web Developer and Publisher: April Stingo email@example.com