UMHS Nursing Student Clinical Placement
Welcome to the Clinical Placement Website! We are certain that students and faculty will find their experience at the University of Michigan Health System both enriching and rewarding as they progress in their career as a RN. This site is intended to provide information and streamline the clinical placement process for you.
The Clinical Placement Office at UMHS coordinates all undergraduate student placements within the health system - determining the student placement location and making certain that all compliance requirements are met. Graduate student placements are determined by the individual UMHS practitioners and not by the Clinical Placement Office.
For more information regarding placements and compliance requirements, please click on the tabs above or the buttons at left.
The University of Michigan Health System:
- Is consistantly ranked among America's Best Hospitals in U.S. News and World Report.
- Is located within the heart of Ann Arbor; ranked 13th among the Best Cities to Live by Livability.com. Includes:
- Three hospitals with approximately 5 specialty centers, 40 health centers and 120 outpatient clinics.
- 993 Licensed Hospital Beds
- 1,398 Survival Flight Missions
- 4,506 Deliveries Per Year
- 46,648 Inpatient Hospital Stays
- 2 million Outpatient Visits
- 51,583 Surgical Cases
Nearly 5,000 RNs throughout the health system are committed to fulfilling our mission of excellence in both education and patient care and service. We accomodate over two thousand nursing student placements each year as part of the learning process. We hope your experience here will help broaden your horizons to the many varied and challenging areas of nursing!
Clinical Placement Staff and Location
Mary Anne V. Brancheau, BSN, RN-BC
April Stingo, BS
|Professional Development and Education
University of Michigan Health System
300 N. Ingalls Suite NI6B12
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-5436
Target Audience: Students & Faculty Involved in Clinical Placement | Author: Mary Anne Brancheau email@example.com | Last reviewed: 7/9/2015
Clinical Placement Web Designer and Developer: April Stingo firstname.lastname@example.org