Thank you for your interest in helping families at U-M C.S. Mott Children’s Hospital. As one of the nation’s leading pediatric institutions, Mott provides services to seriously ill or injured children and teens. The Child & Family Life Program, with support from community donors, helps to make the stays of patients a little easier through play, teaching, crafts, art and music therapies, and medical play.
Here you will find items that are most used and requested by our Activity Therapists and patients. Before purchasing a toy or other in-kind gift, please carefully review our Toy and Gift Safety Guidelines. For safety and health reasons, we ask that all donations be brand new with store tags attached.
What we need
For more specific needs, you may access our wishlists at Target, Wal-Mart, and Toys R Us. All registries can be searched for through Mott (first name) Hospital (last name).
Here are the links:
- Toys R Us/Babies R Us
High Need Items
- Twin-sized fleece blankets
- 40” x 40” edged cotton blankets
- Word searches, crossword puzzles, activity and coloring books
- Gentle Waves Ocean Wonders musical mobile
- CDs (relaxation and children’s)
- DVDs (G, PG, PG-13)
- Portable DVD players
- Video games (up to Teen rating) for Wii, Gamecube, Playstation 2, X-Box 360
- Nintendo DS handheld systems and videogames
- Baby Dolls
- Non-cloth baby mobiles
Gift cards enable patients and families who are staying at the hospital to obtain the items they most need. Some gift card ideas include Target, Meijer, ITunes and restaurants that deliver to the hospital, such as Jimmy John’s, Domino’s Pizza or Cottage Inn.
- Toddler toys with lights/sounds
- Baby rattles and teething toys
- Fisher Price Pop-up toys and activity centers
- Doctor and nurse play kits
- Uno card games
- Decks of regular playing cards
- Board games (for young children and teens)
- Action figures
- Little Tikes wagons
- Fisher-Price cash registers
- Parents Record-a-Voice cell phone
- Beanie Babies
- Dora the Explorer dolls and toys
- MP3 Players
- Calculators (in-expensive, elementary)
- Board Books – thick, durable and intended for small children
- Hallmark – recordable books: Mom, Dad, Grandparents
- Scrapbooking supplies
- T-shirts (youth (boys/girls and adult sizes)
- Sweatshirts and sweatpants (youth and adult sizes)
- Underwear (youth - boys/girls)
- Boppies (ring-shaped breast-feeding pillows)
- Homedics sound-spa lullaby relaxation machine
- Pillow Pets
Monetary gifts give us the ability to provide activities and programs for patients and families throughout the year.
Monetary donations can be made online or via checks made payable to UMHS Child & Family Life that can be mailed to:
C.S. Mott Children’s Hospital
1500 E. Medical Center Dr. SPC 5253
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-5253
In-kind donations can also be mailed to the above address.
If you would like to schedule a time to come to the hospital and drop off your donations, please contact us at 734-764-6874 or firstname.lastname@example.org.