Toy and Gift Safety Guidelines
Toys are needed year-round at U-M C.S. Mott Children’s Hospital for children from infancy through age 18. All gifts should conform to the safety and sanitary guidelines below.
We need to check gifts for safety and age appropriateness and therefore ask that you please do not wrap them. Gift-wrapping paper, ribbons, tape and tags are welcomed donations.
- Toys and books should be new.
- Avoid toys with many small parts that can be removed, swallowed or inhaled and toys that have sharp edges or protrusions that can be poked into eyes.
- Only new stuffed toys can be accepted because of air-borne mold, dust or other small particles that can aggravate a child's fragile immune system.
- Fire regulations forbid electrical, spark-producing or friction-producing toys.
- Painted toys must be non-toxic. Any glue or paint in craft kits MUST also be non-toxic.
- Please bring only mylar balloons with strings no longer than 12 inches. No latex balloons are permitted in Mott. Latex balloons are not acceptable due to the potential threat of choking and latex sensitivity.
- Toys representing violent themes cannot be accepted.
- Toys with religious themes cannot be accepted.
If you have further questions, please contact Community Relations at 734-764-6874 or email@example.com .