Fund raising ideas you can use
Planning a fund-raiser for C.S. Mott Children’s Hospital is fun and easy. Below are some great ideas to get you started. Be creative!
Coins for Kids
Display coin collection canisters in your business or school at highly visible locations for employees, customers or students to donate. (Learn more)
Bake/food sales are easy to organize by themselves or along with another event. Baked goods, hot dogs and popcorn are popular and easy items to sell. For a different spin, invite colleagues to bring in food like chili or desserts for a competition. Sell food during lunch and/or breaks. The food that the most people buy is the winner.
The list of possible marathons is endless, and most have nothing to do with running. Use the following list of ideas or use your imagination to create your own event:
- Rock-a-thon: Participants secure pledges for the number of hours they can rock in rocking chairs.
- Jump-a-thon: Participants secure pledges based on how long they can jump rope.
- Walk-a-thon, Jog-a-thon, Bike-a-thon: Start at your facility's/ school’s parking lot and follow a route around the community. Participants collect pledges for the number of miles walked, jogged or biked.
- Bowl-a-thon: Participants secure pledges for the number of pins they can knock down.
- Dance-a-thon: Participants secure pledges for the number of hours they can dance.
- Hoop-a-thon: Participants secure pledges for the number of baskets they can make during a certain amount of time.
- Casual day
- Fashion show
- Golf tournament
- Karaoke contest
- Car washes
- Talent shows
- Garage sales
- Treasure hunt
- Kids carnival
- Money tree
- Used book/CD fair
- Cutest pet contest