Many unusual cases are referred to the University of Michigan for consultation with our dermatopathology specialists. In this consultative role, our pathologists integrate clinical information with data obtained through electron microscopy, immunohistochemical stains and molecular techniques to provide diagnostic information to the referring physician.
Our service provides expertise in all areas of dermatopathology including cutaneous oncology (melanoma and non-melanoma skin cancer), inflammatory skin diseases, autoimmune diseases, alopecia, and cutaneous T-cell lymphoma. Active participants in such programs as the University of Michigan Multidisciplinary Melanoma Clinic, our physicians are nationally recognized for their superb patient care and diagnosis.
Our Dermatopathology Physicians
- Aleodor A. Andea, MD, Associate Professor of Pathology and Dermatology
- May Chan, MD, Assistant of Pathology and Dermatology
- Douglas R. Fullen, MD, Associate Professor of Pathology and Dermatology
- Paul W. Harms, MD, PhD, Clinical Lecturer, Departments of Pathology & Dermatology
- Alexandra Hristov, MD, Assistant of Pathology and Dermatology
- Lori Lowe, MD, Professor of Pathology and Dermatology
- Rajiv M. Patel, MD, Assistant of Pathology and Dermatology