Michigan Medicaid HMO Health Plan Guide to UMHS Specialty Care
Welcome to the University of Michigan Health System (UMHS). We are committed to providing efficient service to patients and support to referring providers. For this reason, we have developed in conjunction with Michigan Medicaid Health Plans a process for referring your patients in need of specialty care at UMHS. M-LINE, our Referring Physician Communication Service, is the contact for appointment scheduling.
To Request an Appointment:
- Contact the health plan for an out-of-network authorization. The health plan will complete the Medicaid HMO Specialty Access Form.
- Contact M-LINE at 1-800-962-3555. Inform M-LINE that you are requesting an appointment for a Medicaid HMO member and have obtained an authorization from the health plan.
- M-LINE will facilitate the specialty care appointment.
Please inform your patient of the referral and appointment to UMHS. In addition, UMHS will provide your patient with the appointment information and an appointment reminder.
We value your referral relationship and are committed to providing excellent patient care and service. Thank you for referring your patient to the University of Michigan Health System.
We strive for continuous improvement and welcome your feedback.Resources:
- Medicaid Specialty Access Process Overview
- Medicaid Specialty Access Form Tutorial
- Letter to Referring Provider
- Contact Us